Simple Rules or Pay!

This is what you need in your boat at all times according to:



Pleasure craft licence or registration
Transfer of ownership
Documents specific to your boat
Proof of Competency

Licensing and registration

All pleasure craft, which are principally maintained and operated in Canada and powered by one or more motors adding up to 7.5 kW (10 hp) or more must be either licensed or registered.


To get a Pleasure Craft Licence, Canadians must complete an application form and mail it along with proof of vessel ownership and a copy of a valid piece of personal identification to the Pleasure Craft Licensing Centre.

Pleasure Craft Licensing Centre
P.O. Box 2006
Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 5G4

Participating boat dealers can also apply electronically for pleasure craft licences for new boats on behalf of their customers. This allows you to enjoy your new pleasure craft right away!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.