Muskoka District Official Plan:
Make your voice heard.
1) Attend the second public meeting to be held as part of the Muskoka Official Plan Review project on Thursday, November 23 at 9am at the District office in Bracebridge.
The District welcomes all stakeholders to attend the meeting and requests that you RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org should you plan on attending so that they can ensure that space is available to accommodate everyone. If you are unable to attend the public meeting in person, it will be webcast to allow the proceedings to be followed online – www.muskoka/webcasts. Alternatively, you may submit written comments to the District of Muskoka or fill out an online comment form.
2) Sign the petition to Save Muskoka < https://www.change.org/p/save-muskoka-lakes-from-overdevelo…>
3) Write your Muskoka Council and make your concerns known. < http://www.muskokalakes.ca/node/33>
4) Spread the word. Talk to your friends and neighbors, repost on Facebook, visit savemuskoka.ca
Make your voice heard.
Sailors Take Warning
Seems Brandy Lake top paddler Moira Innes (in greenish jacket) hard work paid off..
Hi All – as you can see from the article below my team and I had a rewarding ending to a great season of paddling/training. Now my life should return to some sort of normal as the season winds down. See picture at bottom
- Congratulations North Canoe Champions!!!
- Great accomplishments!
- 1) Excellent time – 47:05. You took 1m 33s off your practice time taken Sept 30th (48m38s)
- 2) Not only were you first over other North Canoes, you were faster than two Dragon boats!!!! (40′ w 20 paddlers)
- 3) Winning margin – 2m 24s.
- 4) No heart attacks, no CPR needed!! Fantastic!
- I am very pleased and proud of you!
- Attached photo of you about to cross the finish line.
- Commodore, Muskoka Paddle Club
- Race Organizer of Record, Great Muskoka Paddling Experience
Commodore, Muskoka Paddle Club
Race Organizer of Record, Great Muskoka Paddling Experience
LOST! Navy blue boat cover if found please call 705-746-1983. blew out of the boat from the boat ramp on brackenrig.
The Township of Muskoka Lakes would like to hear from you as it embarks on a service level review ahead of 2018 budget deliberations. The Township is facing significant infrastructure challenges over the coming years. Township Council must determine how to finance necessary improvements – through tax increases, increased user fees or service level reductions.
Paddle Volunteer Update.
To volunteer please write to Pat Schofield at email@example.com
The paddle group is in great need of volunteers, especially anyone with a boat (aluminum fishing boat is fine too) who might be available to be on the river at one of many spots as a safety boat/monitor? Free packed breakfast and lunch provided for anyone on water duties. Many other land-based jobs available too with free breakfast/lunch provided by the Lions Club. See exert from organizers email to our Muskoka Paddling Club members below. Last year we were off the water around 2.30p.m.
It is a fun day with lots to see. Please see poster below
“Last year we had almost 300 paddlers, requiring about 40 volunteers. You’ll be able to meet/watch some of the best paddlers in the province. Plus 3 or 4 Dragonboats and several North Canoes.
To volunteer please use short form below to Pat Schofield
There are all kinds of volunteer tasks from helping with registration to staffing a safety boat or check point boat, from directing traffic to being a spotter, from helping paddlers get their boats in and out of the water to handing out juice/water etc.. So let Pat know what you can/cannot do and any strong preferences for being on water or land. We have the hardest time finding volunteers with 1) motorboats for our safety boats and check pointing or 2) motor operator licenses who can captain our club safety boats and 3) those with current first aid certification. So if you have any of those credentials please let Pat know. Volunteers are provided with breakfast and lunch meal vouchers. Lions will be cooking hot meals on site. ”
Many thanks, Moira
The Muskoka Lakes Association Food Drive has returned for its 5th year.
Once again our community has opened its doors and provided us with many drop off locations. As the summer winds down and you clear out the pantry, we hope you take the time to donate what you can.
This year the recipient of the donations will be the Manna Food Bank, just in time for Thanksgiving. For more information and drop off locations, please see the link below.
Brandy Lake Regatta 2017
(not a BLA event)
Serious fun was had by all who attended…watch for information on the 2018 Regatta.
2017 Pictures (many) and Information
CHECK IT OUT…Click HERE