The other day…. a swimming raft was recovered thru an email post and thanks to the folks to the east of the Swants for the effort to recover our ..walk the plank device..
Great to see people are using the communication feature.
Don’t forget the Brandy Lake Kids Regatta coming up soon
It seems our “Walk The Plank” is lost call 705 764 8714 or post here..if you see it
Brandy Lake’s First Little Library at 1013 Phyllimar Lane, Brandy Lake
Several years ago I saw this initiative and thought it was great. Since then it has grown to thousands around the world although primarily in USA and Canada.
This was built with left over building material.
Little Free Library is a non-profit organization that inspires a love of reading, builds community, and sparks creativity by fostering neighborhood book exchanges around the world. This library has been registered with www.freelittlelibrary.org the Charter no. is 56310 and should be listed on their website within several days.
Through Little Free Libraries, millions of books are exchanged each year, profoundly increasing access to books for readers of all ages and backgrounds.
So please come by, take a book out to read or bring one for others to read , appropriate for all age groups.
This library will remain throughout the year. However, there will be limited accessibility in the winter due to the high snow. We do not come up in the winter and will not be clearing the path for the Library.
Andrea von Moeller
The Muskoka Ratepayers’ Association ( MRA) wishes to invite all to our Annual General Meeting on July 21. at 9:30 am at the Port Carling Community Center.
More information under Local Events New on the main page….https://brandylake.com/local-events-other/
Muskoka District Official Plan:
Make your voice heard.
1) Attend the second public meeting to be held as part of the Muskoka Official Plan Review project on Thursday, November 23 at 9am at the District office in Bracebridge.
The District welcomes all stakeholders to attend the meeting and requests that you RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org should you plan on attending so that they can ensure that space is available to accommodate everyone. If you are unable to attend the public meeting in person, it will be webcast to allow the proceedings to be followed online – www.muskoka/webcasts. Alternatively, you may submit written comments to the District of Muskoka or fill out an online comment form.
2) Sign the petition to Save Muskoka < https://www.change.org/p/save-muskoka-lakes-from-overdevelo…>
3) Write your Muskoka Council and make your concerns known. < http://www.muskokalakes.ca/node/33>
4) Spread the word. Talk to your friends and neighbors, repost on Facebook, visit savemuskoka.ca
Make your voice heard.
Sailors Take Warning
Seems Brandy Lake top paddler Moira Innes (in greenish jacket) hard work paid off..
Hi All – as you can see from the article below my team and I had a rewarding ending to a great season of paddling/training. Now my life should return to some sort of normal as the season winds down. See picture at bottom
- Congratulations North Canoe Champions!!!
- Great accomplishments!
- 1) Excellent time – 47:05. You took 1m 33s off your practice time taken Sept 30th (48m38s)
- 2) Not only were you first over other North Canoes, you were faster than two Dragon boats!!!! (40′ w 20 paddlers)
- 3) Winning margin – 2m 24s.
- 4) No heart attacks, no CPR needed!! Fantastic!
- I am very pleased and proud of you!
- Attached photo of you about to cross the finish line.
- Commodore, Muskoka Paddle Club
- Race Organizer of Record, Great Muskoka Paddling Experience
Commodore, Muskoka Paddle Club
Race Organizer of Record, Great Muskoka Paddling Experience
LOST! Navy blue boat cover if found please call 705-746-1983. blew out of the boat from the boat ramp on brackenrig.