Have Your Say! Survey Supporting Return of Passenger Rail Services to Northeastern Ontario
Information Sent To Me....see survey below
DID YOU KNOW? 51% of passengers riding the train on the north/south line before it was cancelled in 2012 got on or off the train south of North Bay.
Transportation to and from Muskoka is important for several reasons:
- Our population more than triples with seasonal property owners – resulting in more congestion on our highways.
- Imagine if we invited our family and friends to come by train? Particularly interesting if Ontario Northland connects with the GO service and the rest of the GTHA.
- Imagine if they could come up after work Friday and return Sunday evening?
- The reality of living in Muskoka with good internet service provides an option to commuting to Toronto for employment.
- Visitors from around the world could come by train – a very common mode of transportation in other countries.
- Best of all – you may be able to avoid the 400 parking lot!
WHY DO WE NEED PASSENGER RAIL SERVICE IN MUSKOKA?
To serve BOTH our residents and visitors with sustainable year round travel north and south.
Restoring passenger trains to service Muskoka and points north will provide huge benefits:
- Access to many more patrons;
- Scenic rides attracting more tourists;
- Reduce carbon emissions – rail produces 10 times less than road, 20 times less than air;
- Safe, reliable service during inclement weather and traffic accidents (road closures);
- Ease of use for those with physical and/or financial constraints;
- Relief from increased fuel costs – less wear and tear on roads;
- Less tiring and more comfortable than other means.
View this clip April 21, 2019 CTV Rail Service
I may be contacted at 705-783-1924 or email@example.com
Lucille Frith Co-Chair NEORN and CPMRT