Boat for sale – gently used on Brandy Lake ( sold cottage so selling boat)
Winter stored and serviced at Bala Cove Marina
Princecraft springbok 16 ft
Mercury 30 hp motor ELPT30 – sips fuel
Front steering wheel – custom boat cover
Tennessee boat Trailer
Purchased in summer 2016. For $13,200
$8500.00 Reduced to $7500.00 or Best Offer
Please contact Maria at 416 998 3297
Pre-Dawn this week Brandy Lake
Had a call from Gerodie this morning about a barge on the lake. I did go for a look but it seems to be gone.
If anyone has information on its …location…job…etc..can you email using the form below. This email communication is strictly private.
Gerodie is highly active in Muskoka….and runs a pretty good ski school and ski shows as well.
A recycle APP launched By District of Muskoka….working well.
The bonus “waste wizard” data is also there. We all need that ..not good to contaminate boxes.
Search out “MUSKOKA RECYCLES” on your favorite site like Play Store
Sailors Take Warning
So…..I hate un-natural city lookin grass on our natural Muskoka lot.. .so I hack it down.
My window bustin (ugggg) powerful Echo gas trimmer required a carburetor kit. Which would then require tearing the carb ,,..down and trying to remember where all the little parts go
Found this on Amazon….complete new carb including spark plug for about $26.00
Like …are you kidding me???
Zip bang boom..easy fix!
So….many Hummingbird feeders are a massive ant magnet. Once infested with ants the little birds will not drink.
The trick is..one has to devise a way stop this theft.
A few years ago….I built an exotic.. ..ant mote from stainless steel that didn’t work. The next day or two I happened to touch up something with a paint can….wait what..here is my mote
I got a good piece of solid wire..just bigger than paperclip diameter. I drilled a tiny hole through bottom of cup middle. I then inserted the wire through the hole and bent a hook on each end.. Once that’s done ..I use hardware store epoxy to glue it in place.
Once set..set it up..fill the mote with water…really pisses off the ants.
As a bonus….other birds drink the water..
As a note ..I did see the other day..some have come up with this idea….maybe from my old FB post and sell it as an option.
Have Your Say! Survey Supporting Return of Passenger Rail Services to Northeastern Ontario
Information Sent To Me....see survey below
DID YOU KNOW? 51% of passengers riding the train on the north/south line before it was cancelled in 2012 got on or off the train south of North Bay.
Transportation to and from Muskoka is important for several reasons:
- Our population more than triples with seasonal property owners – resulting in more congestion on our highways.
- Imagine if we invited our family and friends to come by train? Particularly interesting if Ontario Northland connects with the GO service and the rest of the GTHA.
- Imagine if they could come up after work Friday and return Sunday evening?
- The reality of living in Muskoka with good internet service provides an option to commuting to Toronto for employment.
- Visitors from around the world could come by train – a very common mode of transportation in other countries.
- Best of all – you may be able to avoid the 400 parking lot!
WHY DO WE NEED PASSENGER RAIL SERVICE IN MUSKOKA?
To serve BOTH our residents and visitors with sustainable year round travel north and south.
Restoring passenger trains to service Muskoka and points north will provide huge benefits:
- Access to many more patrons;
- Scenic rides attracting more tourists;
- Reduce carbon emissions – rail produces 10 times less than road, 20 times less than air;
- Safe, reliable service during inclement weather and traffic accidents (road closures);
- Ease of use for those with physical and/or financial constraints;
- Relief from increased fuel costs – less wear and tear on roads;
- Less tiring and more comfortable than other means.
View this clip April 21, 2019 CTV Rail Service
I may be contacted at 705-783-1924 or email@example.com
Lucille Frith Co-Chair NEORN and CPMRT
RETURN OF RAILWAY SERVICE