Have Your Say! Survey Supporting Return of Passenger Rail Services to Northeastern Ontario
Information Sent To Me....see survey below
DID YOU KNOW? 51% of passengers riding the train on the north/south line before it was cancelled in 2012 got on or off the train south of North Bay.
Transportation to and from Muskoka is important for several reasons:
- Our population more than triples with seasonal property owners – resulting in more congestion on our highways.
- Imagine if we invited our family and friends to come by train? Particularly interesting if Ontario Northland connects with the GO service and the rest of the GTHA.
- Imagine if they could come up after work Friday and return Sunday evening?
- The reality of living in Muskoka with good internet service provides an option to commuting to Toronto for employment.
- Visitors from around the world could come by train – a very common mode of transportation in other countries.
- Best of all – you may be able to avoid the 400 parking lot!
WHY DO WE NEED PASSENGER RAIL SERVICE IN MUSKOKA?
To serve BOTH our residents and visitors with sustainable year round travel north and south.
Restoring passenger trains to service Muskoka and points north will provide huge benefits:
- Access to many more patrons;
- Scenic rides attracting more tourists;
- Reduce carbon emissions – rail produces 10 times less than road, 20 times less than air;
- Safe, reliable service during inclement weather and traffic accidents (road closures);
- Ease of use for those with physical and/or financial constraints;
- Relief from increased fuel costs – less wear and tear on roads;
- Less tiring and more comfortable than other means.
View this clip April 21, 2019 CTV Rail Service
I may be contacted at 705-783-1924 or email@example.com
Lucille Frith Co-Chair NEORN and CPMRT
RETURN OF RAILWAY SERVICE
Well..who has wandered around..checking out the new LED bulbs..trying to match one indicator …WATTS…,,to new ish codes on boxes. Well me..so here is the NEW way to look
We need to look a 3 parameters:
- COLOUR RENDERING INDEX (CRI)
We can start off with brightness measured in Lumens. Yup..the higher the lumen the brighter the bulb. So 450 lm would be about the same as 40 WATT bulb up to 2600 lm which may be about 150 Watt bulb
Next..we can look at colour feel of your room. Choose this Kelvin number depending on what room..I would guess rec room really bright..living room a bit softer. So…2700 to 3500 K soft yellow tone…then..3500K then a softer white of 3500K to 5000K. The brightest being 5000k to 6500K
Next we look at Colour Rendering Index,,,this is used to bring out the real colours of an object. Try a number in the mid to high 80s
A site with un-biased information would be..SAVE ENERGY
This is going to be…(LONG) .with tons of good info..so we will post on a PAGE and categorize it. I am am not an expert….by any means…but outside… my job was fluid control for 30 years and as far as Brandy Lake goes…….I have been involved and water testing with BLA since its beginning including a 3 year intense study we did with the government about 13 ish years ago… …..up until I abruptly quit the BLA recently.
The immediate question for many..should I have a drinking well water, process lake water or draw in raw and buy water?
Brandy Lake has 2.6 mg/l of tannin and this is the primary fight on the decision to process our own water. So 1st ….here is our lake makeup. This is my test from 2014 and I have 2nd from 1995. I need to do some math to compare as the 1995 version is in PPM format
So..2014 I will further explain each line later
Aesthetic Objective Test Results
- Total Hardness less than 7 gpg 5 gpg
- Iron ” 0.3 mg/l 0.52 mg/l
- Manganese ” 0.05 mg/l 0.1 mg/l
- pH 7.0 to 8.5 7.0
- Tannins less than 0.1 mg/l 2.6 mg/l
- TDS ” 500 mg/l 83.54 mg/l
- UVT greater than 75.0 48.7
- Alkalinity less than 75 gpg 23 gpg
Pictures of some of my lake testing including the incubator and test plates.
A rectangular glass top table with six black aluminum chairs. Price $150.00 or best offer.
Please contact Gail @ (705) 764-8037. The Lagoon Bay
Pictures to follow
We have requested pictures from Maria for this stuff..nothing yet
From: Leitao, Maria (St Margaret)
1)Red Coleman Canoe and Yellow Pelican kayak for sale
In good shape – Pair $150
2) 17ft Princecraft blue aluminum boat
25 hp Mercury engine
Front steering wheel
Custom boat cover
In great shape!
Custom boat cover
3yrs old â Paid $13,300 For Sale- $9,999
1043 Scout Trail – Phone # 416 998 3297
Bryozoans picture , about 25 mm high, on the side on my dock a few years ago. ..and usually repeating every summer. The coral of fresh water lakes.
Research is being done on this harmless plankton eating prehistoric deal.. for cancer cures.
The colonies start with a single near microscopic zooid, which asexually reproduces until it’s got an entire army of clones to hang out with.
Bryozoans are usually an indicator of good water quality, and should not be disturbed or removed from the water.